Last summer I asked the Jforum for advice regarding the conversion of J text to a format suitable for placing J expressions and session logs into TeX word processing documents. There were a couple dozen follow-up posts to the Jforum and I received many private e-mail messages. There have been independent threads regarding TeX in comp.lang.apl too. I was quite surprised by the high level of interest and impressed by the number of sophisticated comments. I also enjoyed a few good laughs. This note offers some remarks on the Jforum discussion, what I eventually did, what the alternatives were, and what I might have done if I could have foreseen the future. While the core computation was simple escape sequence substitution, there also were subtle contexts for modifications when lines end and when box drawing characters appear. J's adverb facility helped with those situations and the use of J-defined function keys made the J to TeX conversion much easier.